Monday, August 11, 2014

Top Of the Morning

August 11, 2014

Dear (Insert name here),

This week was just as wonderful as all the others out here. I'm learning so much about myself, realizing things all over the place, and enjoying almost every minute of it.

This week we had more success than I've experienced in months. Our numbers are much better than they've been in a long time and we're seeing the fruit of our labors as well.

We were able to teach M and A TWICE this week to help with their progression toward baptism. I love having Elder Johnson as a companion because he has a great sense of urgency for the work and wants to BAPTIZE. So we were able to teach the Plan of Salvation at a member's home and they perfectly understood everything. Then we taught them the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of Wisdom together. Both were accepted perfectly and these guys just continue to amaze me. It was funny. We were talking about repentance with A and he's so humble that he said "I have some things to repent of. I haven't seen my family in seven years because I have to work here and send them money." So we had to explain to him that that was not a sin and that God understands the situation. Then we taught the Word of Wisdom and M said "if it's a commandment then I will do it." And then A again glowed with humility. He said "I have to talk sincerely to you guys. I smoked a cigarette a year ago but I haven't since." We were so proud of him right then! They're both just so incredibly humble and so ready it's ridiculous. M even bought a new Mustang JUST so he could make it to church every Sunday. These guys are incredible and the Lord has truly prepared them. "And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;" M and A are the elect and these are exactly the kind of people we dream of finding. I'm so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with this opportunity to bring them into the fold. They're scheduled to be baptized the 30th of August.

So a few other interesting things happened this week. The ward had a missionary come home. Jerome Brock. He just came back from serving in Honduras. He's still in missionary mode, so he made sure that they had dinner with us. So we went over to the Brock's for dinner and just chatted about missionary life. He says he's adjusting well, but he doesn't know what to do with himself. All he wants to do is missionary work. So we took him out on exchanges for like four hours to visit some people. We knocked on a door and he instantly went into missionary mode and took over the contact haha. But he recovered and let us take over for the rest of the day. So I guess that's a little taste of life after the mission. I'm not trunky don't worry!

So those were the highlights of my week. As I've said before, I do love missionary work. I love talking to everyone and trying to share the Gospel. I love the people I'm serving and I'm finding a lot of joy in what I'm doing.

Hope all is well wherever you are!

Love,
Elder Landon Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment