Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Just PREACH!

February 1, 2015

Good afternoon!

I've had a good week and hope y'all have as well.

As my mission slowly rolls to an end, I try to take every opportunity I can to just teach people the Gospel and testify of how it will bless their lives. Sometimes that's all I can do. There are times when struggles cause me to lose my footing in life and in the mission, but something I always hold on to is my ability to teach the Gospel and share my testimony of the hope that it brings me. And although people don't always respond to what I have to say, I at least leave edified knowing that I laid everything on the table.

An update on A. He's the young man who has 17 years (excuse my Spanish) and a baptismal date. It's currently set for February the 13th, but I think we'll move it back just to be sure he's ready. As we've gone through the teaching process with him, I've really seen him grow-both in knowledge and testimony. We had him over to a member's home on Saturday to give him a better learning environment and he really opened up about some of the things he's been feeling. Brother Knight, our Ward Mission Leader, asked him some questions about the Spirit. Alberto opened up and said that ever since he started feeling the Spirit through reading and praying, his anger has nearly left him. That's really where his testimony lies at this point and what's great is that he recognizes where it's coming from! The only thing holding him back from baptism right now is a couple more lessons and his church attendance. If we get through those hurdles, he'll be a member this month!

Other updates on the work include but are not limited to...
1. Three new investigators!
2. Out of those three, one man has offered to make us Puerto Rican food!
3. We had some less actives come to church.
4. We helped a man who's addicted to caffeinated beverages switch his habit to flavored water!
5. I got a haircut.
6. Elder Christensen got a haircut.
7. We had a great district meeting.
8. Had an awesome linger-longer after church yesterday.
9. Avoided the temptation to hold a baby.
10. Had some awesome beef tacos!

I really wish I had more to write, but these weeks sometimes just mesh together. I guess that's what happens when you do the same thing every day. You know, it's funny. I'll have these crazy dreams where I'm at home or at Wal-Mart or at College, but in almost all of them I'm still a missionary and somehow end up sharing the Gospel in my dreams. Well, sometimes that's the case. One of my dreams this week involved me and a couple of giant pet cows. I guess when you associate yourself with an Idahoan farm boy for long enough, it starts to get to you.

So I guess I'll wrap this thing up before I start rambling about absolutely nothing.

Just remember who you are this week and focus on how much the Lord has blessed you. Also remember to continue to reevaluate your life so you can make changes and receive even more blessings from Him. I know that God lives and that He loves us. Because of His love, He sent us His Son Jesus Christ to atone for our sins, giving us all the equal opportunity to learn and follow him to one day be able to stand in the presence of God again. That right there is the most valuable piece of information anyone can ever posses. Don't ever forget it. Matthew 13:44-46.

Have a great week!

-Elder Landon Carroll



No comments:

Post a Comment