Monday, November 24, 2014

Another Week Already?


November 10, 2014

Good morning!

Here I am trying to think about what I actually did this week. It's kind of hard to just think on one week when they all seem to just mesh together. So I'll start with the investigators/work.

So Monday was just preparation day, nothing to report. But Tuesday we had some good stuff. All of our appointments fell through during the day, but we definitely had some success in the evening! We had an exchange with Brother Lowrimore. He's 78 years old and is in the middle of fighting stage 4 cancer. Pretty impressive actually. But he was super funny. I don't know what it is, but I love talking with old people. It just makes me happy. So he went to an appointment with us and when we asked him to introduce himself, he just started bearing his testimony. That works I guess! The name of the man we visited is J. He's a referral from the sisters who is supposedly golden. The only hang up he has is that he doesn't believe in modern day prophets. Brother Lowrimore's testimony really helped diffuse some of that. He's a convert of about three years, so he was able to tell his conversion story and invite J to "soften his heart" and listen to the Spirit. I think J felt the Spirit that night, so hopefully he gains a testimony soon.
On Wednesday we taught a young man named M. I think I might have mentioned him last week, but he's 14 and we had a great lesson with him. Brother West, the branch mission leader, was with us, so the lesson was super powerful. M has a hard time believing in God because he "allowed his grandpa to die from cancer" so we really tried to hit on a few key points of the Plan of Salvation: "Why is life full of hardships?" and "Where do we go after we die?" We might have actually blown his mind with some of the doctrine we were throwing down, but he's a smart kid and he understood everything. We had him say the prayer and invited him to start praying to God every night, so hopefully he comes on top with a strong belief in God.
Thursday we had interviews with President. Let me tell you, President Bernhisel is an inspired man. With the keys he possesses, he basically knows exactly what each missionary is going through and what kind of missionary they are. But that was a good interview. He helped me to address some concerns I had about myself and about the mission and now I feel more ready to move forward and continue working. After that, I went up to Dunn for exchanges with Elder Mora. Elder Mora is a really great missionary and we had a lot of fun together. From the exchange, I definitely learned that I need to learn to invite the Spirit better during lessons. We have a few investigators who would really benefit from a spiritual experience. *hint M and A*

On Friday we had a great lesson with a new investigator named G. She's an old black woman who was just curious as to what we could bring to the table. So we taught the Restoration and it was REALLY spiritual. She understood everything, including the great apostasy, and when we asked her when we could come by again she said "I was actually gonna ask y'all when you could come back." That's a good sign! That means she felt the Spirit!

Not too much to report about the Weekend. Just church and eating food haha. Nobody came to church this week, so we definitely need to work a little harder on that.

So that's about it. We had a lot of success this week and I'm glad to be part of this great work.

Until next week,

-Elder Landon Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment