Monday, April 21, 2014

The Busier, the Better

We had an Easter egg hunt for the kids at the church on Saturday. It was pretty fun watching them run around like little Cockroaches and collect eggs. This picture is me putting an egg on the Basketball hoop.  Haha

April 21, 2014

Hello everyone!

This week was just great much like the other weeks. Time just flies out here. It's like you're always scraping for more time because there's always so much to be done! Business is a blessing out here. The busier, the better.

So the guy I told you about, Antonio, came to church yesterday! And it's funny because I called him up before church and he's like "No, no voy a la iglesia." So I was a little disappointed about that. But he showed up anyway! He loved the church and the Easter program. But he had to go home right after Spanish Sunday school because his 6 year old son was hungry. So we have an appointment with him on Wednesday. I think he realized that this isn't just a game we play on Sundays, but actually a way of life. We LIVE the Gospel. And that's probably why he wants to meet with us. Cause before, he only wanted to take his boy to church.

We have some appointments to go up to Robbins again this week and follow up with the families we met last week. We plan to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which consists of Faith, Repentance, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end. We hope to be able to extend the Baptismal invitation to both of them. I'll be doing the honors, ya know, being green and all. That's not a bad thing though! People love new missionaries. They give me a hard time sometimes, but I can take it.

So that was our week. I'm really working on trying to teach simply. I feel like I know all this doctrine so well and I just want to get a fire hose and spray it at everyone we talk to, but that's not what they need. I'll get it eventually. I'm still learning, and will continue to learn until well, for the rest of Eternity!

Hope yall have a good week. Know that your prayers are felt. The mission field is really hard and strenuous at times, but the Lord is helping me get through it all.

-Elder Landon Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment