Monday, July 6, 2015

New Area and New Responsiblities

 June 29, 2015


Good morning!

I am pleased to inform you that I have been safely transferred and am now in a place called Raeford. It's a little town, much like Clinton, just south of Pinehurst. The good news with that is that Max and Alberto could come down and have lunch with me! They're my recent converts from Pinehurst. It'd be nice to see them again.

My new companion's name is Elder Jaussi. He's from Riverton, UT. He's pretty great. We definitely get along. I'm hoping we can have a lot of success together. We have the same kind of sense of humor, in other words, he actually gets my jokes! This'll be super fun.

The area itself is very similar to Clinton. Lots of farming and chicken cooping. Really the main difference between here and Clinton is that Clinton is a combined English Spanish branch, while here I'm just serving in a Spanish branch. Oh and here's a gem! A bunch of my friends from BYU Idaho were from North Carolina. One of them, Antonio, is from Raeford! I had dinner with his family the other day and his mom remembered hearing about me when I got my mission call! And then...she pulled up Antonio on Skype on her phone and I got to talk to him for a sec. How great is that?

In other news, the work is rather slow here. As usual, I have arrived in the area and there are no investigators. That's just how it's always been for me. So that means we have to go out and find them now. We have a couple okay investigators, but no one is progressing toward baptism for now. We'll fix that haha.

And in other other news, being District Leader is kind of fun. It's just full of new challenges. I barely got key indicators in on time last night. Hopefully the Zone Leaders won't kill me by the end of the transfer. And my first district meeting went fairly well. It was a little choppy, much like trying to water ski on choppy water, but it went well nonetheless. I taught about teaching to the needs of our investigators, more specifically with the Spirit. That's the key to everything, after all. This Wednesday I just need to make sure I have a little more interaction with the missionaries. I'm a super good speaker and I know a lot, but I gotta make sure not to just spray them with knowledge. I have to INVOLVE and DEMONSTRATE. The zone leaders said I did good though. Elder Brown said "you looked like a district leader up there." He's my old district leader, now my zone leader.

Well, that was the week. I appreciate everyone's prayers for me. They're definitely felt over here. I'll keep y'all in my prayers is well.

Take care now.

-Elder Landon Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment