Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Still Fishing




July 20, 2015

Good morning,

It's been a good week, with lots of ups and downs, but we had our successes for sure.

Some good news:
1. I got my stitches out! The wound looks good and is healing nicely. I just need to remember to keep sun screen on it so that the scar heals smoothly. We weren't in the hospital for nine hours this time...just one.
2. The family we're teaching from Puerto Rico is progressing nicely! We brought a Puertorican member with us and they all got along really nicely. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and they understood everything! We invited them to church, but they said it's too far away. There's a new building opening up and they said they'll go when that one opens. Should be a couple weeks or so. The new building is incredible. I've never seen anything like it. I'll send some pictures when I can.
3. Pedro, a member from Durham, came down to have lunch with us! He came down Friday evening and took us to a fun Mexican Restaurant. The food was good. That was a real treat.
4. We went knocking in a rich looking neighborhood and found a Hispanic family! They're pretty Americanized, but we'll still teach them. Hopefully we can get up with them soon.
5. We had a great zone training meeting on Wednesday. One of the zone leaders, Elder Mann, gave a very powerful training on being consecrated and said that that's what the mission needs in order to go to the next level. We need to give up those things that keep us from having the Spirit or giving the Lord our all.
6. We had a great lesson with a couple of eternigators we're teaching. an eternigator is someone who has been meeting with the missionaries for a long time, but doesn't really progress. But we had a good lesson with these two! Their names are L and D. L is hard of understanding, but we're doing our best to break things down for him. I used a Rubik's cube as an analogy and that seemed to help out a lot. Hopefully they can progress soon. I'd like for them to come to church, but L seems to always have work on Sundays. 


Something that was reemphasized to me this morning was the fact that if the Lord commands us to do something, he will provide a way for us to do it. Like Nephi says in chapter 17 of 1 Nephi verses 50 and 51: "And I said unto them: If God had commanded be to do all things I could do them. If he had commanded me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done. And now if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?" This is something that hit me. If the Lord tells us to do something, we can do it. It is possible! The only thing stopping us is ourselves!

Annnnnnd...that was my week. Hopefully my letters are still interesting to you.

Ya'll take care now.

-Elder Landon Carroll

PS  I say "Still fishing" because we're trying to find elect investigators.

No comments:

Post a Comment