Monday, August 24, 2015

I've Seen Fire, and I've Seen Rain


July 27, 2015

Hello!

I have some great success stories to share this week. Our numbers tanked for a number of reasons, but I'm gonna look on the positive side. No effort was wasted this week. We worked hard and things just fell through.

Now for the successes...

Our investigators A, A, J, and J are progressing nicely. We were able to teach them again this week. In fact, we went and ate dinner with them on Wednesday and they fed us some awesome Puertorican food. They gave us Arroz y Havichuelas, Tostones, Pollo, and Flan for dessert. Everything was delicious. I especially liked the tostones. They're basically plantains that have been fried and fried again. They taste FRIED. And the flan was amazing. Some of the best I've had. Man, Hispanics know how to do it. So after dinner, we shared a great lesson. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and about baptism. It's definitely something that's been on their mind. They can't have dates because none of them are married, but we expect them to progress exponentially in the next few weeks. We attempted to have a church tour yesterday, but A had some pain in his head, so we had to cancel. But we'll hopefully get Hermano R over there again on Tuesday so we can have another great lesson. They're all reading a praying, so it's only a matter of time before they gain a testimony of these things. I have complete faith that they will be baptized. We just have to play the cards right.

Those are really the only investigators that are progressing in any way. The rest of our people are SUPER unpredictable. We're attempting to set up appointments, but the work schedules here are ridiculous. I think we just need to be a little more consecrated with things. And we need to get out there and SWEAT. I'm convinces that that will make all the difference in the work. I don't care if doors have been knocked a thousand times. We have to keep trying! That's the new vision of this mission. We are eradicating slothfulness and bringing in a new wave of consecration. As a zone last week we found 62 new investigators! That's one week! The work will progress and I am sure that if we put in our efforts, the Lord will recognize and reward our righteous desires.

We got to go inside the new church building yesterday. The thing is massive. I really never have seen anything like it. It has a courtyard in the center and the classrooms are completely separate from the chapel and gym. And the chapel has these really tall windows so natural light is just incredible. We should be meeting there next week. Check the blog for pictures.




Also. My friend from BYU Idaho comes home August 8th. So I'll get to see him in a couple weeks! It's gonna be super weird seeing him again. It doesn't even feel like that was my life before. I've gotten to the point where it feels like everything before my mission was my mission and everything after will be my mission. Like...I've always been a missionary. It's just one of those euphoric feelings you get when you just sit and ponder things. Life's weird.

Well. I hope y'all have a wonderful week. Thanks for all your support and prayers. It makes a difference.

-Elder Landon Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment