Monday, August 24, 2015

Some News!

August 10, 2015

Welllllllll......

What do I write about this week....

Let's see....ooh! We made an awesome breakfast this morning! We had bacon, sausage, waffles, eggs, hash browns, gravy, and I made the best smoothies ever! I'm getting so good at making smoothies and my ninja was such a good investment. I'll send some pictures next week.

Also....I smell like bacon...and smoke. We burned some oil and we had to open all the doors to the apartment. The lawn care guys working outside came to check on us because they thought the place was on fire. Hahaha little did they know....
We also had another great week at the new church building. The members just love it. Our attendance right now is greater than that of the English ward! And they're a ward! A and the rest of the Puerto Ricans were not able to come to church yesterday. They're getting ready to move so they had some painting to do. We'll get over there this week and help them out.

District meeting was great on Wednesday. It took me FOREVER to figure out what to teach, but after much prayer and study in the scriptures, I came to the conclusion that the missionaries in my district needed to be reminded of who they are and where they're going. I talked a lot about eternal progression and why the Lord called us to serve. I think they all felt the Spirit and I think some of them really needed it. Being district leader is tough sometimes because of the responsibility it brings, but that Lord has definitely blessed me with the capacity to be able to help the missionaries in my district. I love being able to account with them and help them and their investigators. 

In other news....I got a call from my mission president the other day and he has called me to be a trainer this next transfer! So I'll be training a little greenie tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the fulfillment it will bring me to be able to help a newly called missionary learn the basics of missionary work and how to teach the Gospel effectively. I don't know what kind of missionary I'll be getting, but I pray for the charity and patience to understand him so that I can help him best. Pray that I'll be able to be a good example to him!

The work was pretty good this week as well. I already updated y'all on our family from Puerto Rico, but we hope that they continue to progress. A is looking for peace and that's our goal. He needs the Gospel in his life. He just needs to have the confidence to accept it and live it. I know it will bring him peace. 

I love being a missionary and I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I've studied a lot of other religions while I've been here, including Jehovah's Witnesses, and nothing comes close to what the Restored Gospel offers us. There are no holes in our doctrine. There is nothing "fishy" or corrupt about the way we live or how the Church runs things. It's pure, beautiful truth. Don't ever forget it. This is the church of Jesus Christ. He is the Christ, the Son of God. He really did atone for our sins. Don't ever forget it.

I love you all.

-Elder Landon Carroll

These are photos that Landon's Mother found on the Raleigh, North Carolina Mission Facebook page.  This is the Fayetteville Zone Conference.





No comments:

Post a Comment