Thursday, March 20, 2014

Last Week in MTC




March 20, 2014

Hello all!

Let me just start by saying how excited I am to get to North Carolina on Monday. I can't wait! The MTC is great and all but the real adventure is out in the field! I'm excited to learn and speak some real Spanish with real investigators.

I absolutely love the guys in my district (who just so happen to all be going to Mexico City West) so much! We've really bonded. It's to the point that we have like a hundred inside jokes. So I'll definitely miss these guys, but I'll keep in touch with them. I'm really excited to get a refreshing new companion and some new people to talk to.

Things that happened this week: I dislocated my jaw while playing basketball. I'm still sore and it really hurts right when I wake up. But it's getting better! Nothing to worry about! Also it's so ridiculously dry here that for the first time in my life, my knuckles are cracked and bleeding. Lotion does almost nothing. But that's okay because North Carolina won't be that way.

Spanish is coming along nicely. It really does come easy for me. It has since High School. As I put in the effort to learn new words, I see the results. I know it'll be entirely different out in the field, but I'm not too worried. If I work hard and do my part, the Lord will help me. One of our "investigators" here told me yesterday that my Spanish is great, that I have a great accent. That's definitely encouraging! I love to speak Spanish. You can say things that you can't in English, which is fun. 
So that's about it as far as the MTC goes. The emails will get more interesting when I'm actually in NC. I'm super excited to ride my bike and meet my companion! I pray that he's a fun loving guy that knows how to work. But we'll see. I love you all and I appreciate the love that comes my way. Wish me luck as I start my real journey and the life changing begins!

-Elder Landon Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment