Friday, March 7, 2014

A Fast Week



March 7, 2014

Hi Everyone!

So this week went by fast just like every other week will in the mission field. I'm learning so much every single day and the Spanish is coming along really well. I've definitely seen the Gift of Tongues take effect in my speaking. Sometimes when you're teaching things just come to you. I can't really explain it unless you've experienced it for yourself.

Nothing specifically interesting happened this week. But we did get a couple of new "investigators." I put quotes around investigators but we really do take them seriously. My teachers are role playing as Juan and Felipe. Our first lesson with Felipe was on Tuesday and it was definitely pretty interesting trying to teach this guy. Felipe is a 50 year old man who is divorced and has a 12 year old daughter. He wasn't really interested in what we had to say, but we left him with a BOM and hopefully he reads it so my companion and I can follow up.

Speaking of comps. It's really interesting and kind of difficult being with one person all the time. We're very different people. His name is Elder Baddley and he's from Washington State. I'm doing my best to work with him. I guess that's part of the mission, getting used to living with someone all the time. Supposedly it prepares you for marriage, but I think it's a little different. At least in marriage you actually love the person haha.  I've found that if I let him do his thing and just be the laid back person that I am, things seem to flow. It's important to be yourself out here in the mission field and I've seen that help me get along with others and progress. One thing I'm really working on is being humble. It's hard sometimes but I'm getting better.
The days here are long and strenuous at times, but I'm loving the work and I love seeing my progress. While teaching an "investigator" the other day it was very hard to understand what he was saying, but for just a second I was able to see my potential as a Spanish speaker and as a missionary. I got a package from Madeleine and Tessa yesterday full of goodies so I'm thankful for that!

Thanks for all the love, prayers, and support. I love all of you and I pray for all of you. But I know that the Lord will take care of you all, especially my family, while I'm gone. That's what he does for missionaries! Oh and I went to the Temple today and last week. So that's three times now. I'm getting used to it and I'm understanding the work more every time I go. I love going there.

-Elder Landon Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment