Saturday, March 29, 2014

Made it to North Carolina

March 26, 2014
Hi all,

Just letting you know that I made it to North Carolina just fine. The field is definitely a little different than the MTC. There's a lot of things that will take some getting used to. But I certainly have time for that!

I'm in Pinehurst. The US Open will be held here in June so I'll probably be here for all that commotion. I live in a trailor in Aberdeen. It's just me and my companion. So that will also take some getting used to! But I am alive and well and just getting started with my adventure.

My bike is good. It'll be fun biking on my mission. And that's about it. This will be a hard area. I'll let you know how everything goes later. My Preparation Day is on Mondays so that's when you'll hear from me next. It may be hard to learn Spanish here because I'm not exactly in Mexico or anything.  We do most of our contacting in English and then turn those people over to the English missionaries. Missions are hard, and I'm starting to realize that more and more each day, but I know that I can do this because the Lord is on my side!

Let's see what else...My companion is from Wyoming. He seems like a good guy. Haven't taught anyone yet, but we will soon!

Love you all. Thanks for all the support and prayers. It really means a lot to have all this support coming from friends and family.

Until Next Monday,

Elder Landon Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment